A team of internet marketing specialists and analysts will perform research and outreach activities, gaining insights from online community engagement, surveys and at the summits. The data and insights gathered will be compiled into an Industry Report and distributed to the public, containing information about current concerns, media advocacy, opportunities and best practices for using media at work and to drive change in Deaf Media. The report will be useful for leaders, companies, journalists, filmmakers, web developers, programmers, editors, writers, graphic designers, content creators, usability and instructional designers, and more.
This report will be the capstone of the entire project. Please consider becoming a part of this historic, first time effort of its kind in the international Deaf community!
Why do we need an industry report?
- Very little research has been done on the deaf community.
- Deaf media professionals are underserved.
- We need to know what helps and what hurts our industry!
- What are our performance indicators?
- What’s the percentage of our industry’s growth in the years ahead?
- The report can be used to justify funding.
For the first time in history, the Deaf community has 100% control over its voice. Having events and data will help us successfully navigate and explore new frontiers – instead of stumbling in the dark alone, let’s work together to illuminate the way ahead with our bright ideas and innovation!